A sound understanding of current concepts in neuroscience is the purpose of this MS degree program. The thesis research project teaches the fundamentals of scientific inquiry and trains students in state-of-the-art research techniques. Submission of the thesis to a peer-reviewed journal is encouraged but not required.
Requirements for Degree
- Credit hours (30): minimum 24 approved course work hours plus 6 thesis hours (Neuro 699R).
- Required courses: Bio 503 (1 hour); Neuro 601 (3 hours), 649R (2 hours), 694R (2 hours), 696R (2 hours); Stat 511 or equivalent (3 hours).
- A seminar must be presented each year (PDBio694R)
- Thesis: standard university thesis format or journal publication format.
- Examinations: (A) course work oral examination; (B) oral defense of thesis.
For a complete list of neuroscience faculty, please click here: http://graduatestudies.byu.edu/content/neuroscience-program
Feb 01 (priority)
May 01 (final deadline)
Those wishing priority consideration for Fall admission must submit by February 1.Required Tests: GRE, MCAT, or DAT